Do I really want whatever I want?Well, that's another quesiton. But now you can really want stuff and make your sentiments very clear on Facebook! Facebook has been testing the Want button, that goes beyond the like and makes it one-step closer to making the statment - Social Media Works for your Business.
What this means for fellow marketers:
1. Hard Measure of Purchase Intent: That's the magic number marketers are tracing to make all their digital activities link to sales or sales intent. They WANT this. Right now, after every digital execution, a separate research is carried out to show ROMI of all the moolah that was spent.
Now picture this, with every thing on Facebook, as little as posting a picture of your latest variant launch, you can measure the desirability. What do you with this desirability index?
- Can you turn it into a more sophisticated CRM program?
- Can you make your sampling activity go beyond XX numbers of samples distributed and make work harder?
- Can you show a correlation between want & sales?
- Can you convert visitor on your website one step closer to buying your product after seeing the no. of wants?
2. Insights, Insights, Insights, Galore: So sweet is the power of data!
Have you ever mapped consumer journey against Facebook? Man, this is help to craft a purchase funnel on digital you have always wanted. Especially in Asia, where eCommerce has still not blossomed to household products. Your consumer, is no longer a stranger.
3. Facebook Ads Get Smarter, Still: What Facebok does with all the Want data can well be imagined. Ads can get targeted based on people you really want your products and their friends of friends. Can this ripple effect lead to you make your product the most "desirable" in different circles?
4. New Claims, More Product Recommendations: Brands need to move beyond hardcore product claims to social claims, as I call it, claims based on people's behavior. This maybe purchase or desire to purchase. Remember claims like the "Fastest selling Tea Tree Oil - 1 sold in 11 minutes". Now, picture this - "The Most Wanted Men's Cleansing Brand in Philippines" - now does that sound good? Does it help make your brand desriable? Can it lead to more sales if you display this at Point of Sale?
You know the answer to all of the above. With Facebook being more accountable for people's money, this is one of the things to come to measure the correaltion of your digital spend to your business objectives.